To contact your regional export promotion organisation (ORPEX)
Trouvez votre expert à l'international
Quebec International Trade
377 boulevard René-Lévesque Ouest, suite 101
- Internet governance
- Latin America
- Film industry
Valérie has extensive experience in communications, event organization, and organizational and project management. She holds a Bachelor’s Degree in International Studies and a Master’s Degree in Political Science. She is currently completing a Graduate Diploma in Collective and Social Enterprise Management. Valérie L’Heureux was an academic research coordinator and editor before joining the International Secretariat of the World Association of Community Broadcasters, a network of more than 4000 members scattered in over 135 countries. While at the Secretariat, she developed partnerships with several United Nations agencies and led the organization ad interim for close to one year. Valérie transitioned from Telefilm Canada, where she was responsible for coordinating international events at the service of the Canadian film industry, including at film markets and festivals in Cannes and Berlin.
Areas of Expertise
- Management of non-profit organizations and networks
- Organization of international events
- Coordination of international projects (production and programming, financial management, control and evaluation)
- Management of websites and social media
- Copywriting, translation and editing
- Trilingual: French, English and Spanish
- International project management in cooperation with several international organizations, including FAO, UN Women, UNESCO, Oxfam Novib and Bread for the World
- Organization of a pan-African conference with representatives from 23 countries (Dakar, January 2012) and a pan-Asian conference with representatives from 26 countries (Seoul, November 2013)
- Coordination of the Canadian film industry’s presence at international festivals and markets in Cannes, Berlin, Venice, etc.
- Writing of book chapters, research notes and various articles
- Editing and translation of scientific works, promotional tools, etc.