Word from the president
Welcome to the Quebec International Trade website.
Quebec International Trade is the largest network of market development experts in Quebec. Bringing together regional export promotion organizations from across the province (ORPEX), our network includes 65 international trade commissioners and consultants offering expert advice to Quebec SMEs intent on capturing foreign markets.
Mandated by the governments of Québec and Canada, all the ORPEX offer customized and proximity services at a reasonable cost to help businesses implement the best international trade practices to develop new markets. Every year, more than 2300 SMEs from various sectors of activity call upon our services.
Our experts are available to guide you through your market diversification process, whether your business is about to start exporting or already has a strong foothold in international markets.
If you are looking to develop proximity markets (the United States or other Canadian provinces) or break into complex foreign markets (Brazil, China or African countries), our network is qualified to provide you with tailored consulting services.
Please use our interactive map of Quebec to find the ORPEX servicing your region.
I hope you enjoy browsing our website.
President of Quebec International Trade
Quebec International Trade is the network of regional export promotion organizations (ORPEX) established across Quebec. The network represents the organizations’ interests at the provincial and federal levels. It facilitates the sharing of best business practices and contributes to the promotion of ORPEX international trade expertise.
Commerce International Québec International Trade (CIQ) was created in March 2001. The network was created so that the ORPEX might pool their expertise and certain resources to better meet the needs of the businesses that they serve.
The first regional export promotion organizations (ORPEX) were created during the 1990s at the initiative of provincial and federal governments.
Since then, Commerce International Québec has been providing support to the ORPEX that help Quebec-based businesses develop their export markets.
Click on the dot corresponding to your region for more information. You'll learn more about the different profiles of your regional experts.
Trouvez votre expert à l'international
Innov & Export PME
11, rue Dollard,
300, Allée des Ursulines, édifice du CAIR, CP: 3300,
Phone: 418 724-1565
Fax: 418 724-1683
- Europe / Asia
- Transport and customs logistics
Carole Doussin holds a Master’s Degree in International Business completed in France, China and the United States and has 15 years of experience in international trade on various continents. She has lived in many countries, including China, the United States and several African and European countries. In 2014, she was assigned to the Lower St. Lawrence region to help SMEs gain a better foothold worldwide and develop their export organizations.
Areas of Expertise
- Transport and customs logistics (processes, legal matters, documentation, supply chain…)
- Implementation and management of export development strategies
- International marketing and expansion
- Export project management
- Organization of trade missions
- Implementation of distribution platforms linking Coca-Cola and Eaux d’Évian in American and Canadian markets
- Organization of the 2004 edition of the French Week in China
- Management and negotiations of European calls for tenders in transport and storage for the Rhodia and Bayer France chemical products groups from 2004 to 2009
- Household appliance material contract negotiations between Reunion Island and Chinese suppliers
- Creation of the Incoterms 2010 Game for the Canadian market