Word from the president
Welcome to the Quebec International Trade website.
Quebec International Trade is the largest network of market development experts in Quebec. Bringing together regional export promotion organizations from across the province (ORPEX), our network includes 65 international trade commissioners and consultants offering expert advice to Quebec SMEs intent on capturing foreign markets.
Mandated by the governments of Québec and Canada, all the ORPEX offer customized and proximity services at a reasonable cost to help businesses implement the best international trade practices to develop new markets. Every year, more than 2300 SMEs from various sectors of activity call upon our services.
Our experts are available to guide you through your market diversification process, whether your business is about to start exporting or already has a strong foothold in international markets.
If you are looking to develop proximity markets (the United States or other Canadian provinces) or break into complex foreign markets (Brazil, China or African countries), our network is qualified to provide you with tailored consulting services.
Please use our interactive map of Quebec to find the ORPEX servicing your region.
I hope you enjoy browsing our website.
President of Quebec International Trade
Quebec International Trade is the network of regional export promotion organizations (ORPEX) established across Quebec. The network represents the organizations’ interests at the provincial and federal levels. It facilitates the sharing of best business practices and contributes to the promotion of ORPEX international trade expertise.
Commerce International Québec International Trade (CIQ) was created in March 2001. The network was created so that the ORPEX might pool their expertise and certain resources to better meet the needs of the businesses that they serve.
The first regional export promotion organizations (ORPEX) were created during the 1990s at the initiative of provincial and federal governments.
Since then, Commerce International Québec has been providing support to the ORPEX that help Quebec-based businesses develop their export markets.
Click on the dot corresponding to your region for more information. You'll learn more about the different profiles of your regional experts.
Trouvez votre expert à l'international
100-45, rue de Villebois
Phone: 819 243-2246
Fax: 819 243-3346
- African and the Middle Eastern markets
With more than 15 years of experience as a marketing strategist and project manager, Reda Bensouda became the Director and International Trade Commissioner of Export Outaouais in March 2015. After obtaining a Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing and International Management from the University of Ottawa and a Master’s Degree in Project Management from Université du Québec en Outaouais (UQO), he started his career as a marketing consultant and facilitator to support local entrepreneurship. Reda later extended his services to include regional business development dialogue, strategic communication and international partnership development projects.
Areas of Expertise
- Economic intelligence
- International marketing strategy
- International project management
- Search for international activity funding
- International business development
- Coaching of several businesses to explore new markets and establish a strategic positioning
- Organization of a trade mission to Morocco
- Organization of a trade mission to Europe
- Participation in a Federation of Canadian Municipalities mission to the Ivory Coast under the Partnerships for Municipal Innovation: Local Economic Development (PMI-LED) program
- Organization of IT-Gatineau 2011, an international territorial intelligence conference
- Support to the development of a new innovation management model for SMEs under RAINOVA, a project funded by the European Commission involving 14 European partners, one Chinese partner and Cégep de l’Outaouais