Word from the president
Welcome to the Quebec International Trade website.
Quebec International Trade is the largest network of market development experts in Quebec. Bringing together regional export promotion organizations from across the province (ORPEX), our network includes 65 international trade commissioners and consultants offering expert advice to Quebec SMEs intent on capturing foreign markets.
Mandated by the governments of Québec and Canada, all the ORPEX offer customized and proximity services at a reasonable cost to help businesses implement the best international trade practices to develop new markets. Every year, more than 2300 SMEs from various sectors of activity call upon our services.
Our experts are available to guide you through your market diversification process, whether your business is about to start exporting or already has a strong foothold in international markets.
If you are looking to develop proximity markets (the United States or other Canadian provinces) or break into complex foreign markets (Brazil, China or African countries), our network is qualified to provide you with tailored consulting services.
Please use our interactive map of Quebec to find the ORPEX servicing your region.
I hope you enjoy browsing our website.
President of Quebec International Trade
Quebec International Trade is the network of regional export promotion organizations (ORPEX) established across Quebec. The network represents the organizations’ interests at the provincial and federal levels. It facilitates the sharing of best business practices and contributes to the promotion of ORPEX international trade expertise.
Commerce International Québec International Trade (CIQ) was created in March 2001. The network was created so that the ORPEX might pool their expertise and certain resources to better meet the needs of the businesses that they serve.
The first regional export promotion organizations (ORPEX) were created during the 1990s at the initiative of provincial and federal governments.
Since then, Commerce International Québec has been providing support to the ORPEX that help Quebec-based businesses develop their export markets.
Click on the dot corresponding to your region for more information. You'll learn more about the different profiles of your regional experts.
Trouvez votre expert à l'international
- International business training activities in the Laurentians
- Affordable consulting to break into export markets
- Prospecting of international clientele
17 660, rue Charles, bureau 101
Phone: 450 434-7858
Fax: 450 434-6637
- International marketing strategies
- Latin-American markets
Ariel Retamal holds a Master’s Degree in Economics with a major in International Economics and Finance from Université de Montréal. He started his career at the World Trade Centre Montréal as an international business consultant and later joined the Laurentides International team in 1998.
Ariel has more than 20 years of experience in export consulting with SMEs. He draws from his specific expertise to identify winning marketing strategies for SMEs seeking to develop export markets. More than 200 Laurentians-based businesses have seen their export sales increase after benefitting from Ariel Retamal’s prospecting mission, training, business plan development, export diagnosis and consulting services.
Areas of Expertise
- Strategic international business development planning
- Support for international trade shows
- Search for international activity funding
- Development of custom marketing strategies for international markets
- Partnership negotiations with foreign clientele
- Support to recruit international trade human resources
- Trilingual: French, English and Spanish
- Drafting of several international business plans to suit the needs of Laurentians-based SMEs
- Organization of trade missions to several countries, including in Latin America and Europe
- Participation in the organization of the visit of Harry Moser, Founder of the Reshoring Initiative, to the Laurentians region during an event that brought together more than 130 members of the business community (newspaper article in Écho de la Rive-Nord)
- Recruiting of international sales representatives for Laurentians-based SMEs to ensure their growth and success in international sales (newspaper article in La Presse)