Word from the president
Welcome to the Quebec International Trade website.
Quebec International Trade is the largest network of market development experts in Quebec. Bringing together regional export promotion organizations from across the province (ORPEX), our network includes 65 international trade commissioners and consultants offering expert advice to Quebec SMEs intent on capturing foreign markets.
Mandated by the governments of Québec and Canada, all the ORPEX offer customized and proximity services at a reasonable cost to help businesses implement the best international trade practices to develop new markets. Every year, more than 2300 SMEs from various sectors of activity call upon our services.
Our experts are available to guide you through your market diversification process, whether your business is about to start exporting or already has a strong foothold in international markets.
If you are looking to develop proximity markets (the United States or other Canadian provinces) or break into complex foreign markets (Brazil, China or African countries), our network is qualified to provide you with tailored consulting services.
Please use our interactive map of Quebec to find the ORPEX servicing your region.
I hope you enjoy browsing our website.
President of Quebec International Trade
Quebec International Trade is the network of regional export promotion organizations (ORPEX) established across Quebec. The network represents the organizations’ interests at the provincial and federal levels. It facilitates the sharing of best business practices and contributes to the promotion of ORPEX international trade expertise.
Commerce International Québec International Trade (CIQ) was created in March 2001. The network was created so that the ORPEX might pool their expertise and certain resources to better meet the needs of the businesses that they serve.
The first regional export promotion organizations (ORPEX) were created during the 1990s at the initiative of provincial and federal governments.
Since then, Commerce International Québec has been providing support to the ORPEX that help Quebec-based businesses develop their export markets.
Click on the dot corresponding to your region for more information. You'll learn more about the different profiles of your regional experts.
Trouvez votre expert à l'international
1175, avenue Lavigerie, bureau 300
Phone: 418 681-9700
Fax: 418 681-1535
- Latin American markets
- Spanish markets
- All sectors of services
Margarita has worked in international business development for more than ten years. Her extensive experience is combined with an in-depth knowledge of international markets and expertise in mechanisms regulating international trade, business consulting and hosting of trade missions. Hailing from Columbia, Margarita holds an international MBA and a Bachelor’s Degree in Economics.
For eight years, Margarita has worked for the Spanish chamber of commerce in Columbia where she held several positions, including international trade director. During her time at the chamber, she worked closely with several export businesses, supporting them in their process to enter the Columbian and Spanish markets.
Areas of Expertise
- Strategic planning of international business development
- Market intelligence
- Organization of international trade shows and consulting support
- Search for funding and partnerships
- Development of custom marketing strategies for international markets
- Strategic watch to identify business opportunities for companies
- Extensive knowledge of Latin-American markets
- Development and organization of seven editions of Encuentro empresarial Hispano-Colombiano – More than 150 Spanish businesses wishing to enter the Columbian market got together in Bogota at those events. During each edition, Margarita coordinated the team that organized custom B2B meetings for attending businesses.
- Organization of the Spain pavilion as guest country to the Gastronomia 2008 trade show – With an exhibit space of more than 1000 square metres and several Spanish companies and well-known invited chefs, Margarita succeeded in bringing together the main stakeholders of Spain’s agri-food industry to position the country as a top gastronomy destination.
- Support to Quebec businesses in developing markets in various sectors, including in Columbia
- Organization of trade missions (Madrid, Barcelona, Valencia, Asturias, Mexico D.F., Bogota, Istanbul)
- Support to 24 Quebec businesses – Strategies for entering export markets
- Meeting of some 100 Quebec businesses – Consulting