Word from the president
Welcome to the Quebec International Trade website.
Quebec International Trade is the largest network of market development experts in Quebec. Bringing together regional export promotion organizations from across the province (ORPEX), our network includes 65 international trade commissioners and consultants offering expert advice to Quebec SMEs intent on capturing foreign markets.
Mandated by the governments of Québec and Canada, all the ORPEX offer customized and proximity services at a reasonable cost to help businesses implement the best international trade practices to develop new markets. Every year, more than 2300 SMEs from various sectors of activity call upon our services.
Our experts are available to guide you through your market diversification process, whether your business is about to start exporting or already has a strong foothold in international markets.
If you are looking to develop proximity markets (the United States or other Canadian provinces) or break into complex foreign markets (Brazil, China or African countries), our network is qualified to provide you with tailored consulting services.
Please use our interactive map of Quebec to find the ORPEX servicing your region.
I hope you enjoy browsing our website.
President of Quebec International Trade
Quebec International Trade is the network of regional export promotion organizations (ORPEX) established across Quebec. The network represents the organizations’ interests at the provincial and federal levels. It facilitates the sharing of best business practices and contributes to the promotion of ORPEX international trade expertise.
Commerce International Québec International Trade (CIQ) was created in March 2001. The network was created so that the ORPEX might pool their expertise and certain resources to better meet the needs of the businesses that they serve.
The first regional export promotion organizations (ORPEX) were created during the 1990s at the initiative of provincial and federal governments.
Since then, Commerce International Québec has been providing support to the ORPEX that help Quebec-based businesses develop their export markets.
Click on the dot corresponding to your region for more information. You'll learn more about the different profiles of your regional experts.
Trouvez votre expert à l'international
377, boulevard René-Lévesque Ouest, bureau 101
Phone: 418 689-4690
Fax: 418 689-4266
- Fisheries Sector
- Analysis of business environments and networking with key players
- Lead in innovative solutions tailored to meet entrepreneurs’ real needs
Gino Cyr is Executive Director at GIMXPORT. Prior to this position, he worked as a manager and a business leader in the private sector and held various positions as an elected municipal officer and chair of economic development organizations. His professional experience speaks volumes about his pro-active leadership, interest in innovation, excellent knowledge of economic stakes in the Gaspésie–Magdalen Islands region and keen entrepreneurial mindset.
Areas of Expertise
- Organization of and participation in trade missions in the following countries: Canada, Denmark, Belgium, Spain, China, Vietnam and France
- Search for financial levers and partners
- Strategic planning of international business development
- Development of marketing strategies suited for international markets
- Partnership negotiations
- Strategic watch to identify business opportunities for companies
- Cap sur les USA project
- Customs Compliance (C-TPAT)
- First fisheries sector mission to China
- Gaspé lobster marketing project
- Development of the Quebec Seafood branding
- Role as main Q-WEB representative (appearance wood)
- Establishment of the regional appearance wood association and the smelt fishermen’s association