Word from the president
Welcome to the Quebec International Trade website.
Quebec International Trade is the largest network of market development experts in Quebec. Bringing together regional export promotion organizations from across the province (ORPEX), our network includes 65 international trade commissioners and consultants offering expert advice to Quebec SMEs intent on capturing foreign markets.
Mandated by the governments of Québec and Canada, all the ORPEX offer customized and proximity services at a reasonable cost to help businesses implement the best international trade practices to develop new markets. Every year, more than 2300 SMEs from various sectors of activity call upon our services.
Our experts are available to guide you through your market diversification process, whether your business is about to start exporting or already has a strong foothold in international markets.
If you are looking to develop proximity markets (the United States or other Canadian provinces) or break into complex foreign markets (Brazil, China or African countries), our network is qualified to provide you with tailored consulting services.
Please use our interactive map of Quebec to find the ORPEX servicing your region.
I hope you enjoy browsing our website.
President of Quebec International Trade
Quebec International Trade is the network of regional export promotion organizations (ORPEX) established across Quebec. The network represents the organizations’ interests at the provincial and federal levels. It facilitates the sharing of best business practices and contributes to the promotion of ORPEX international trade expertise.
Commerce International Québec International Trade (CIQ) was created in March 2001. The network was created so that the ORPEX might pool their expertise and certain resources to better meet the needs of the businesses that they serve.
The first regional export promotion organizations (ORPEX) were created during the 1990s at the initiative of provincial and federal governments.
Since then, Commerce International Québec has been providing support to the ORPEX that help Quebec-based businesses develop their export markets.
Click on the dot corresponding to your region for more information. You'll learn more about the different profiles of your regional experts.
Trouvez votre expert à l'international
Quebec International Trade
377 boulevard René-Lévesque Ouest, suite 101
- Internet governance
- Latin America
- Film industry
Valérie has extensive experience in communications, event organization, and organizational and project management. She holds a Bachelor’s Degree in International Studies and a Master’s Degree in Political Science. She is currently completing a Graduate Diploma in Collective and Social Enterprise Management. Valérie L’Heureux was an academic research coordinator and editor before joining the International Secretariat of the World Association of Community Broadcasters, a network of more than 4000 members scattered in over 135 countries. While at the Secretariat, she developed partnerships with several United Nations agencies and led the organization ad interim for close to one year. Valérie transitioned from Telefilm Canada, where she was responsible for coordinating international events at the service of the Canadian film industry, including at film markets and festivals in Cannes and Berlin.
Areas of Expertise
- Management of non-profit organizations and networks
- Organization of international events
- Coordination of international projects (production and programming, financial management, control and evaluation)
- Management of websites and social media
- Copywriting, translation and editing
- Trilingual: French, English and Spanish
- International project management in cooperation with several international organizations, including FAO, UN Women, UNESCO, Oxfam Novib and Bread for the World
- Organization of a pan-African conference with representatives from 23 countries (Dakar, January 2012) and a pan-Asian conference with representatives from 26 countries (Seoul, November 2013)
- Coordination of the Canadian film industry’s presence at international festivals and markets in Cannes, Berlin, Venice, etc.
- Writing of book chapters, research notes and various articles
- Editing and translation of scientific works, promotional tools, etc.