To contact your regional export promotion organisation (ORPEX)
Trouvez votre expert à l'international
1175, avenue Lavigerie, bureau 300
Phone: 418 681-9700
Fax: 418 681-1535
- Latin American markets
- Spanish markets
- All sectors of services
Margarita has worked in international business development for more than ten years. Her extensive experience is combined with an in-depth knowledge of international markets and expertise in mechanisms regulating international trade, business consulting and hosting of trade missions. Hailing from Columbia, Margarita holds an international MBA and a Bachelor’s Degree in Economics.
For eight years, Margarita has worked for the Spanish chamber of commerce in Columbia where she held several positions, including international trade director. During her time at the chamber, she worked closely with several export businesses, supporting them in their process to enter the Columbian and Spanish markets.
Areas of Expertise
- Strategic planning of international business development
- Market intelligence
- Organization of international trade shows and consulting support
- Search for funding and partnerships
- Development of custom marketing strategies for international markets
- Strategic watch to identify business opportunities for companies
- Extensive knowledge of Latin-American markets
- Development and organization of seven editions of Encuentro empresarial Hispano-Colombiano – More than 150 Spanish businesses wishing to enter the Columbian market got together in Bogota at those events. During each edition, Margarita coordinated the team that organized custom B2B meetings for attending businesses.
- Organization of the Spain pavilion as guest country to the Gastronomia 2008 trade show – With an exhibit space of more than 1000 square metres and several Spanish companies and well-known invited chefs, Margarita succeeded in bringing together the main stakeholders of Spain’s agri-food industry to position the country as a top gastronomy destination.
- Support to Quebec businesses in developing markets in various sectors, including in Columbia
- Organization of trade missions (Madrid, Barcelona, Valencia, Asturias, Mexico D.F., Bogota, Istanbul)
- Support to 24 Quebec businesses – Strategies for entering export markets
- Meeting of some 100 Quebec businesses – Consulting